The newly designed USB Audio Class 2.0 asynchronous digital interface X-SPDIF 2, inherited the excellent quality from its last generation. You can connect the digital audio stream receive devices through the newly added IIS port, to avoid the loss caused by digital signal protocol conversion. X-SPDIF 2 built-in high-quality femtosecond clock and FPGA processing unit, it can playback up to 32bit/768kHz PCM audio stream and 1bit/22.4MHz DSD audio stream.
FPGA Control Centre
The strong XILINX SPARTAN FPGA assist XMOS manage and assign the clock, processing DoP transcoding and JITTER reduction for IIS port.
Audiophile Crystal Oscillators
X-SPDIF 2 uses 2 Accusilicon high-quality femtosecond clocks as reference clock source, which work at the state of 44.1kHz, 48kHz and their multiple sample rate. The FPGA automatically control the frequency assignment and switching, and the femtosecond clock has independent ultra-low noise LDO power supply.
The power supply units of X-SPDIF 2 are constructed by multi-level, multi-group LDOs and solid capacitors, they can filter out the superimposed noise from power supply effectively. All the circuit powered by low noise or ultra-low noise LDO, which avoided the hi-frequency switch noise caused by DC/DC circuit. You also can obtain high quality power from USB bus.
Configurable IIS Port
X-SPDIF 2 support different standard of IIS, it can compatible for different devices by configuring the IIS definition switch. The DoP converting function transcode DoP audio stream to native DSD stream output from IIS port.
Supported Sample Rate
- PCM 16-24Bit /44.1kHz、48kHz、88.2kHz、96kHz、176.4kHz、192kHz
- IIS LVDS
- PCM 16-32Bit /44.1kHz、48kHz、88.2kHz、96kHz、176.4kHz、192kHz、352.8kHz、384kHz、705.6kHz、768kHz
- DSD64/128/256/(DoP) DSD64/128/256/512(Native)
- NOTE: Please see the X-SPDIF 2 user manual for the IIS LVDS definition.
- Windows7/8/8.1/10 system needs to install the supplied driver.
- Mac OS X10.6.4 or above without installing the driver.
- Most Android devices can be used via OTG cable.
- The iOS devices can be used via Lightning to USB Camera Kit.